Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thanks to All

Thanks to all……
Today (July 16Th/2010), Am going to say good-bye to my team with whom I worked for 3.5 Yrs (from April/2007). Indu my first Manger and Abi was my first Lead, Abi one of the strict lady in team; she needs every thing perfect, Puneet, Nasir, Kutti, Perwaiz, Chandra and Santos were other leads in PROJECT. PROJECT was so structured that time each lead have concern service and module, they used to take care there modules only. Along with me Meher and Dibyendu (My college mate as well), joined PROJECT. Abi was considered as a strict lady however she helped to get leave just after a month of joining PROJECT.


Chapter-1: Moving to Perwaiz’s team and my First Project:

We planed for cricket match amongst PROJECT Team, after June release, even though PROJECT had fund but we planned big so we started collecting 100Rs from every one, Aruna the Cheer Leader of Team, assigned this work to me, when I asked Abi, Her response was amazing, I think you have no work only free resource do all this things, She immediately assigned one MR to me. Fortunately Rajendran Das, got release from Perwaiz’s team as he was contract employee to MMC, Perwaiz requested for one resource, and I got team change, In Abi’s Team Talikota,Priyanka and Swathi were there, Talikota used to help and trained me. In Perwaiz’s team had Venkatesh, Rajendran and Dwija by the time I joined him. My first Project in PROJECT was P0A59 (Migration from HRID to ATTID), Venkatesh had given me design document and coded for that project, I had one extra MR for pre population of MA Number, When I stated coding apart from one condition what Venkatesh have to add newly, I checked all the condition for his condition, I hardcoded True, That was supposed to changes once he complete his code but we forget to do that, ST/UAT all phase went well during the UCT user caught that issue, unfortunately when I reached office I was drunk, Perwaiz fixed that issue and He told SRD was not clear Pandey did correct coding. For P0A59, Kavitha (currently ST Manager) was tester along with Nagraj, The day when we supposed to load code in ST due to some column change in Auth table we started getting exception, My dear APM Bantu started arguing with me, but get insulted by me because Perwaiz told I reviewed the code and code is perfect, but he took great revenge and put me in Contract template module.


Chapter-2: First time when I became Team Lead:

After me, Dibyendu and Meher, Pranava, Kiran, Umakant, Kirod, Viswaroop, Momita joined the Team. ATT Process we got one mentor Santos Vyndril, He selected as lead for PROJECT-ELTP, my job to communicate, managed team assignment and report him. I did well till Puneet came in picture. That was really a time of achievements for all of us we did SCJP, AIX certification, if Puneet would not been come in picture we might have Oracle certification as well. I used to extend the dates and mixed up the assignments for them who were unable to complete on date.
That was really a lesson for me, that will help me in future when will I be a team lead.

Chapter-3: Working with Contract templates

Deepthi was my lead for contract templates even though the dad of the module was Bhupendra. That was time when I and Meher along with Deepthi used to work till night 3 O’clock and used be back by 10 AM again in office, one night when Dibyendu, Meher, Deepthi and I was working I told some rough word to Meher She started crying that was night 2 O’clock but that was not for my word but due to Deepthi’s feedback for her to Indu. Some how I console her and drop home, even though I hate template work but I understand in critical situation, Template will be great for job security, that what happened when Deepthi took leave for her marriage, I was head was template team even though market was worst I used to put 1 or 2 days leave each week even Manager were not happy but I survived. So the bad is not always bad but have some thing well in that as well.

Chapter-4: Recession and Team Change
MMC Management is one of the best Management (for company not for employees) to predict market, They conducted exam for all the ELTP’s we were ten folks in PROJECT as ELTP, so all are in Panic I stopped working, finally Indu given us 2 days leave for exam, even after firing process starts I used to close my monitor by sharp 6 PM, and expecting same for all the ELTP, I told to Indu till am not sure, if I am inn how come, I give my hundred percent, as am not mat tomorrow I have to start job hunting again. Some how all the PROJECT ELTPs did well, I moved to Chandra’s team one Perwaiz resigned from MMC, suddenly we get to know they are throwing Venkatesh from MMC as he was contract employee. In Chandra’s team Rama, Basawa, Natarajan and me was there. Rama was short temper guy that time but helping, I started working with PCGlobes that time Sal, Jason help me a lot to understand PCGlobes and to code that, Kamlesh was the tester for that Project, actually that service is being invoked by a radio button till my code was not ready, I just hide that button, Kamlesh raised one sav-2 because I told him for a radio button how come sav-1, man he is one of the smartest tester in PROJECT. Chandra had different way to appreciate, when I completed project I was expecting some appreciation but he told me I could have done in 2 days for what you took a week. Later I get to know what he means for that. Couple of times Chandra and I had little arguments but He used to drop me every day on the way Chat, Panipuri, GobhiManchurian, what Chandra sir used to offer me. I joined his school that changed my life in all aspect.

Chapter-5: Misuse of facilities and fun at work

Fortunately we don’t had monitoring mechanism during that time, Me, Dibyendu and our Dada (Bipul) used to take cab put late hours and go for Friday party, so whatever we used to pay for party more or less being recovered from late hours allowance, I used to stay late in office for contract template and PCGlobes work so even if it is Ten, taking cab and claiming shift, that was legal anyway, but some time if I could leave by 8PM I used to make it 10PM. My secondary job to drop Meher and Deepthi first then go home, I used come drunk during the release nights, even one after noon me and Dibyendu had beer in dhaba and we back to work. These all I learn from my dear seniors Manish, Ankit and Bhupendra.




Chapter-6: Recession and poor Management to spoil team

Even though my performance was not bad, but we did one project called PB067, unfortunetly all the folks were busy who should monitor that. Chandra was with CC and Nataraj was going out, even though we completed our part but no integration in code, We used to get minimum 10 tickets each day, I took ownership and started fixing issues, in later phase Rama have to come in picture to resolve some issues, New Manager Prasanna had new policy, should have no issue, where Indu was expecting issue will be taken care in time. So my dear manager decided my rating 2, that year.Basawa got 3 because he missed to load one jar, Pankaj new junior who got 3 because he was not aware what is null value with respect to PCGlobes CSV, however even my dear Manager have wrong conception there.Pankaj got released Basawa changed the team. I had offer from Oracle that time but I was looking for IAS exam so decided to be here and teach them. I putted my comment “No need to have review of PBC rating with almighty Manager in MMC” whatever they decided is the word of GOD, can’t be changed so what is fun to do review that. Indu asked me to talk with Vinod, another typical MMC Manager who have no skill to manage but he is Manager. I told him what all did that year but who can convinced Prasanna. Finally Vinod told me market is not good so you should be careful that was indirect threat, I told him Vinod do you care all your employees of special offer for me, and meanwhile I will not come to you for help, even though if there is any thing wrong, so please don’t be panic for me, and Don’t expect more than average performance from my end. From that day I decided 3 days in week for MMC and 4 days for my exam.



Chapter-7: Kumar in Chandra out and got prize

Umakanta the star developer of template, went on leave, Deepthi just back from vacation, So was supporting Umakanta’s template project In release, I was quite sure, there will be nothing to take care, if he did, and ST/UAT is anyway over. He didn’t compile the templates and putted in ST/UAT but fortunately missed to copy in PS. Sanity day I got call from Kiran around 5PM, have some issue please join the call I was in bar with friends, I joined the call Alphonse the person like me supporting ST, we talk and asked him to check in PS, if all is well we will request to copy that again. PS was same as Production Old templates, UAT/ST had templates coming with variables, he asked to join bridge, when I joined the bridge Saurav Pandey was asking who was developer what quality the are delivering? Gordon, Fred, Suzanne were there on call already, Drink helps me to be more proactive so asked Saurav who assured quality in SDLC, DV or ST? What your tester tested, how come he approve that MR without testing? I need you to explain and accept ST is responsible for this, then only I can look that issue else be on call, we will discuss who is guilty. Fred ask Gordon to talk to me and ask for resolution, meanwhile Fred repeated same question to Saurav. My dear RDC Manager’s came in picture next day morning and started same funda what Saurav did, finally Gordon and myself talked to Puneet Shah and he was ok wait till UCT night. Suzanne asked to go home be fresh and start working again, I was too angry to talk in manner, So I told Suzanne today is Sunday facility is not here, so I can’t took my desktop with me, so am sorry can’t work from home. In night Krishna, Jason and I decided to deploy 4 old templates along with 32 correct templates, and correct 4 in next release, but only we 3 knew that.
I got bravo for that, which was not what I did but what did with them.
Prasanna needs every one in PROJECT should be PROJECT expert, Chandra Sir did CC, he who initiated local setup with apache (what Rama changed by Sun)
But Prasanna could not understand he gone out of team, but Kumar was in by that time.


Chapter-8: Changed in Team bonding (Team-A comes in Picture)

Kumar was not just a good developer but great seniors his Idea way of mixing in team and handling situation supporting each others changed our bonding even though I was closed to Bipu, Dibyendu and Rama but that was not enough, we all became a team, by that time myself and Dibyendu used to handle Production ticket assignment and update task.
I used to handle maximum number of Production issue more than Rama and Pranava even, they used to be in background (In case I need help), but when they announce the name of Dv who help to reduced Production backlog my name was missing. We started going out together, Lunch; Tea was always together in office we used to wait each other before leaving for the day, we all were helping hand for each other.


Chapter-9: Disaster in my Life and team support
My father was serious, I got call from my home, Kumar and Rama booked my ticket and asked to leave ASAP. I called Prasanna and told him am leaving tomorrow to my home town, He asked Please handover your project to some one, if no one is free or ready, send me files what you changed I will take care, don’t be panic go home and take care of your father. I took more than month leave, Team-A Used to take care of my work as well. Kumar’s role changed in my life during that period he used to call me asked what is situation now, I took lot off help from him along with few more folks, I started respecting him like my elder brother. Rama who is expert in technology he is man who will help you in all aspect but he is have learn some custom and funda for life. Just after a month my father expired, I went off for a month again during that period Kumar,Bipul, Chandra Sir used to call me, Rama and Team-A was too concern but I knew it is difficult to talk during that situation.
When I came back from home I was hopeless but Chandra Sir’s school, my Team-A help me over come from that. Even though I lost most precious relation of life but build so many relations.

Chapter-10: Decline of Team-A and downtime of PROJECT
Kumar got offer for Infy, so he resigned, Rama, Bipul were in queue to get release by that time me and Pranava asked for release. Kumar, Rama, Bipul even pranava left PROJECT, fortunately our Chennai team started doing great, Sandhya, Bharat are new champ here in Bangalore.
Rama who still work half FTP for PROJECT. Kiran also resigned from MMC in my era only Dibyendu is still waiting for some thing good from PROJECT.
Chennai super kings are rocking now, but who impressed Team-A was Shivani not just for technical skill but the behavior, Jeni who is hard working Kid in PROJECT, however my entire Chennai Team is great and closed to me. Bharat is now part of our team-A, Sandhya who cried multiple times because of me. Even though am leaving today but I quit working from past 6 months onwards. I don’t know if Chennai can form team-B there but it’s really needed for life for work.

Chapter-11: Each indivisibly with me

Perwaiz- The best lead you can have, Chandra Sir- The man who can changed your life and poor attitude, Kumar- Big-B what I can say,
Rama- the Ideal man for learning, helping and being a friend. Bipul- Always cares me even though I used to irritate him. Dibyendu- My classmate yaar what do say for him, but good professional and my partner for D***K. Pranava- the energy of Team, helping man, Kiran-Silent man, Priyanka- Keep laughing, Bharat- Organizer of all team-A
Activities, even though we are closed but care seniority.
Deepthi- GOD good to work with but if she follow up you are gone. Sandhya- GOD helps her, Please stop changing boy friends and don’t think for Chinikam story. Mani: New one but close one. Shivani- Saitan bachchi but really good work with, Karthi-Vikas-Raja-varun: Nice juniors and really hard working may be no other go. Jeni- Ohh!!! God same pinch chocolates, I like her Bachcha attitude to much, fighting and calling me night 2 O’clock for Issues. My X-team: Umakanta, Pankaj, Ksirod, Vishu, Meher, Bhupi, Venky most of them still connected with me still some way.


Chapter-12: Memorable Moments in PROJECT
Deepthi and Meher celebrated my birth day in 2008, there presents and signed card I have still with me. Beer with kumar, Bharat, Dibyendu in modamakalli on river shore. Friday party with Bipul and Dibyendu on MMC expense. Mudreswara with team-A. Thanks award from Prasanna.Drunk during release, When Prasanna caught me. Meher and Sandhya cried because of me.Pondi trip with Chennai team.Kumar, Bipul, Rama and Pranava’s farewell from PROJECT.Running behind Paddu (Pranava’s only Girl friend) with Pranava.watching movie during third shift support. Many more to write but that will a book.


I am really going miss my lovely team, fighting with ST, 12PM call, user call and DV call. Even though I am going out of MMC but am not gona miss my Team-A except Dada (in Kolkata Now), We though so many times if I would have been resigned from MMC in jan2009 itself, I might have good salary better stability, However today I have friends forever better relation more maturity. I don’t think my decision was wrong because you can have all those opportunity whenever you want and deserve but the real friends are special gift of god you may not get chance always. !!!! Dada we are missing you!!!!!!!!

I wanted to say sorry to all of you, you may hurt my word, or did during these years, even I might be so generous to say sorry for that by the time and leaving our professional relation, I don’t want to carry those thing so please forgive me.

I remember 4 lines what is perfect for this time
“ Na tujhse sikwa na khud se gila hai !
mujhe jo mila meri mukkadar se mila hai !!
Sikwa kare to kaise, ye mukaddar mujhko!
Tri dar se mila hai !!”


“Mere baad mahfile me mere afsa baya hoge!
Mahfile mujhki dudhegi na jane ham kaha hoge!!”

Thanks All:
Dewendra K Pandey
dewendra1@gmail.com
+91-9986121093

2 comments:

  1. Mr.Pandey, You can write a Novel like Chetan man...seems you r getting that quality....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one!!!!U didn't mention ur boolean answer here :-(

    ReplyDelete